Bringing back customer service one appointment at a time.
All Exterminating Pest & Wildlife Control Library: Termites
Termite prevention tips:
- Do not attach wood components to your house
- Do not bury wood or cellulose materials around your house.
- Repair areas that may hold moisture around house.
- Extend condensation drain lines from a/c units.
- Make sure that there is not any form boards, grade stakes, or stucco in the ground, or foam insulation.
- Allow a six to eight inch gap from siding to ground
- Seal cracks in foundation
- Fix any leaks in home (fixtures or roof)
- Keep gutters cleaned
- Do not store firewood against home
- Keep pinestraw and ground cover off house
- Keep bushes trimmed back (your house needs to breathe)
- Grind stumps and old trees and remove from property
- Repair rotten wood on home
Keep an eye out for:
- Mud tubes formed on foundation
- Detached wings or winged insects found in home
- Bubbling of paint on walls
- Dirt clots on your wall or coming through sheetrock
- Wood that sounds hollow or dense when tapped or touched